Spicy Chicken & Ricotta Pasta with Kale (serves 2) – a little delicious creation I made! I used 100% whole grain pasta and the super food kale. Perfect runner’s food!
- 4 oz 100% whole wheat pasta (uncooked). I used rotini noodles – penne would probably be best
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced fat or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen kale (thawed)
- 1 cup low sugar tomato pasta sauce – I used Emeril’s Organic Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 6 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less according to your taste)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Grill chicken breast on a grill pan or an outdoor grill.
Drain pasta, chop chicken breast. Add chicken, tomato sauce, thawed kale, ricotta cheese, crushed red pepper and basil. Stir until combined and heat until thoroughly warmed. Enjoy!
- Can use frozen spinach instead of kale
- Can leave the chicken breast out to make it vegetarian
- You might have to add a little bit more tomato sauce
- Can use quinoa, brown rice or rice pasta to make it gluten-free
- Add more or less crushed red pepper and/or basil according to your taste
Enjoy! XOXO The Glam Runner