Lime-Chicken and Black Bean Fajitas: Serves 2 (3 fajitas each)
- 2 three oz chicken breast filets (cut in to strips)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bell pepper (cut in to thin strips)
- 1/4 of an onion (cut in to thin strips)
- 1 lime (cut into 4 wedges)
- 1/2 cup of canned black beans (rinsed)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 avocado (cut in to cubes)
- 2-3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons of salsa
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat and add garlic until it becomes fragrant. Increase heat to medium and add chicken. Squeeze lime juice from 2 of the wedges over chicken, sprinkle chicken with chili powder, cumin and coriander and flip with tongs while cooking.
Add bell peppers and onions when chicken is almost done cooking. Cook in skillet until vegetables begin to become soft. Add black beans, squeeze juice of 1 more lime wedge reduce the heat a bit and cover skillet for about 5-10 minutes until veggies are soft.
Brown tortillas on a griddle. Squeeze the juice of the last lime wedge over chicken and veggies then fill tortillas with chicken, peppers, onions, black beans and top with even amounts avocado, cilantro and salsa.
XOXO The Glam Runner
- I use corn tortillas because they are much lower in calories than flour tortillas
- Choose the amount of topping you would like to put on the fajitas
- I use culantro instead of cilantro. It’s the exact same flavor but the leaves are MUCH easier to wash and chop
- You can also use fat-free refried beans instead of black beans. I used black beans because they are better for you