Healthy Fish Tacos: Serves 1 (makes 2 tacos)
•3oz Tilapia Filet (or other white fish)
•1 Lime (cut in to 4 wedges)
•6oz Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
•3 Tablespoons Hot Salsa (I like Pace •Picante for this recipe)
•2 Corn Tortillas
•1/2 Cup Chopped Red Cabbage
•1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
Prepare yogurt sauce:
Mix 1 teaspoon of chili powder, juice of 3 lime wedges and hot salsa in to Greek Yogurt, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can use more or less of the ingredients according to your taste.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a piece of foil (enough to fold over and make a packet) with cooking spray and place a tilapia filet on to foil. Squeeze the juice of the last lime wedge on to the tilapia. Sprinkle fish with desired amounts of chili powder, cumin and coriander. Fold the foil over to make an enclosed packet, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until fully cooked.
Heat corn tortillas on a griddle until browned. Cut fish in to strips and distribute evenly on to tortillas. Top with red cabbage and 1 tablespoon of yogurt sauce on each taco. Enjoy!
1. You will have a lot of extra yogurt sauce left over. Use in place of sour cream on anything you usually put sour cream on.
2. Amounts of spices and toppings are all up to you. Use whatever amounts you want to suite your taste.
3. Can use a less spicy salsa in the yogurt sauce if you do not like spicy food.
4. Yogurt Sauce goes great on chicken tacos as well!
5. I always use culantro instead of cilantro. It tastes exactly the same but it much easier to wash and chop.
XOXO The Glam Runner