Healthy Fish Tacos: Serves 1 (makes 2 tacos)
•3oz Tilapia Filet (or other white fish)
•1 Lime (cut in to 4 wedges)
•6oz Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt
•3 Tablespoons Hot Salsa (I like Pace •Picante for this recipe)
•2 Corn Tortillas
•1/2 Cup Chopped Red Cabbage
•1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
Prepare yogurt sauce:
Mix 1 teaspoon of chili powder, juice of 3 lime wedges and hot salsa in to Greek Yogurt, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can use more or less of the ingredients according to your taste.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a piece of foil (enough to fold over and make a packet) with cooking spray and place a tilapia filet on to foil. Squeeze the juice of the last lime wedge on to the tilapia. Sprinkle fish with desired amounts of chili powder, cumin and coriander. Fold the foil over to make an enclosed packet, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until fully cooked.
Heat corn tortillas on a griddle until browned. Cut fish in to strips and distribute evenly on to tortillas. Top with red cabbage and 1 tablespoon of yogurt sauce on each taco. Enjoy!
1. You will have a lot of extra yogurt sauce left over. Use in place of sour cream on anything you usually put sour cream on.
2. Amounts of spices and toppings are all up to you. Use whatever amounts you want to suite your taste.
3. Can use a less spicy salsa in the yogurt sauce if you do not like spicy food.
4. Yogurt Sauce goes great on chicken tacos as well!
5. I always use culantro instead of cilantro. It tastes exactly the same but it much easier to wash and chop.
XOXO The Glam Runner
Turkey Chili: serves a lot! Make this huge pot and freeze batches for later.
This is my take on my Mom’s delicious chili. I reduced the amount of meat, added more veggies and more beans.
- 1 package of 99% lean ground turkey breast (I always use Jennie-O)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon chili seasoning (I use Brown Bag Chili Mix)
- cayenne pepper (according to you taste – be careful cayenne pepper is VERY spicy)
- (1) 28oz can tomato puree
- (1) 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12oz tomato juice
- (3) 15oz cans chili beans in hot sauce
- (2) 15oz cans dark red kidney beans
Brown turkey over medium heat and drain any liquid. Chop red bell pepper, green bell pepper and onion.
Combine tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, tomato juice, chili beans and kidney beans in to a very large pot or crockpot. Add peppers, onions and ground turkey then add chili seasoning and cayenne pepper (it’s best to add cayenne pepper in small doses and “test” it to be sure it’s not too hot).
Heat on a stove over low heat for an hour stirring frequently or in a crockpot for how ever long you would like. It’s best to let it sit overnight in the refrigerator after you’re done heating the chili and eat it the next day.
Top off with 1-2 tablespoons of reduced fat shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese if you’d like and Enjoy!
XOXO The Glam Runner